Open source ticketing system php mysql github
osTicket is a widely-used open source support ticket system. It seamlesslyintegrates inquiries created via email, phone and web-based forms into asimple easy-to-use multi-user web interface. Manage, organize and archiveall your support requests and responses in one place while providing yourcustomers with accountability and responsiveness they deserve.
How osTicket works for you
- Users create tickets via your website, email, or phone
- Incoming tickets are saved and assigned to agents
- Agents help your users resolve their issues
osTicket is an attractive alternative to higher-cost and complex customersupport systems; simple, lightweight, reliable, open source, web-based andeasy to setup and use. The best part is, it’s completely free.
- HTTP server running Microsoft® IIS or Apache
- PHP version 8.0
- mysqli extension for PHP
- MySQL database version 5.5
- gd, gettext, imap, json, mbstring, and xml extensions for PHP
- APC module enabled and configured for PHP
osTicket now supports bleeding-edge installations. The easiest way toinstall the software and track updates is to clone the public repository.Create a folder on you web server (using whatever method makes sense foryou) and cd into it. Then clone the repository (the folder must be empty!):
git clone https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket
And deploy the code into somewhere in your server’s www root folder, forinstance
cd osTicketphp manage.php deploy --setup /var/www/htdocs/osticket/
Then you can configure your server if necessary to serve that folder, andvisit the page and install osTicket as usual. Go ahead and even deletesetup/ folder out of the deployment location when you’re finished. Then,later, you can fetch updates and deploy them (from the folder where youcloned the git repo into)
git pullphp manage.php deploy -v /var/www/htdocs/osticket/
osTicket supports upgrading from 1.6-rc1 and later versions. As with anyupgrade, strongly consider a backup of your attachment files, database, andosTicket codebase before embarking on an upgrade.
To trigger the update process, fetch the osTicket tarball from eitherthe osTicket github pageor from the osTicket website. Extract the tarballinto the folder of your osTicket codebase. This can also be accomplishedwith the zip file, and a FTP client can of course be used to upload the newsource code to your server.
Any way you choose your adventure, when you have your codebase upgraded toosTicket-1.7, visit the /scp page of you ticketing system. The upgrader willbe presented and will walk you through the rest of the process. (The coupleclicks needed to go through the process are pretty boring to describe).
Upgrading from v1.6
WARNING: If you are upgrading from osTicket 1.6, please ensure that allyour files in your upload folder are both readable and writable to yourhttp server software. Unreadable files will not be migrated to thedatabase during the upgrade and will be effectively lost.
After upgrading, we recommend migrating your attachments to the database orto the new filesystem plugin. Use the
file command-line applet to performthe migration.
php manage.php file migrate --backend=6 --to=D
View the UPGRADING.txt file for other todo items to complete your upgrade.
Visit the Documentation or theforum. And if you’d like professional helpmanaging your osTicket installation,commercial support is available.
Create your own fork of the project and usegit-flow to create a new feature. Oncethe feature is published in your fork, send a pull request to begin theconversation of integrating your new feature into osTicket.
The interface for osTicket is now completely translatable. Language packsare available on the download page. If youdo not see your language there, join the Crowdinproject and request to have your language added. Languages which reach 100%translated are are significantly reviewed will be made available on theosTicket download page.
The software can also be translated in place in our JIPT site.Once you have a Crowdin account, login and translate the software in your browser!
Localizing strings in new code requires usage of a few rules.
osTicket is released under the GPL2 license. See the included LICENSE.txtfile for the gory details of the General Public License.
osTicket is supported by several magical open source projects including:
When it comes with a “Free Plan” it doesn’t work it limits you somewhere for agent count on the number of tickets.
Moreover, there will be less chance to have one agent for business, it will be greater.
And, per agent cost will take a huge part of your budget which you can be invested as well as somewhere else.
Here is the only solution i.e Free Self-hosted Helpdesk Software where you don’t need to pay for agent wise as well as for ticket count.
However, only a few helpdesks are available which are pure web-based free Open Source oriented else almost take charge of common features.
Drafting out Top 3 Free Open Source Help Desk for Bettering Customer Support Process below:
Top 3 Free Open Source HelpDesk software in 2022
UVdesk Open Source Help Desk
UVdesk community helpdesk project skeleton packaged along with the bare essential utilities and as well as tools to build and customize your own helpdesk solutions written in PHP language.
However, this PHP-based ticketing system is by far the most powerful yet intuitive and as well as exciting Open Source project of 2022.
Link – https://www.uvdesk.com/en/opensource/
Github Repository – https://github.com/uvdesk/community-skeleton
Forum – https://forums.uvdesk.com/
- Built on top of Symfony/PHP framework
- Easy to customize and as well as extendable
- Using MySQL Robust database management system
- Easy to set up email piping/email ticketing system.
- Support Custom workflow
- Users can create their own modules on it.
- Using a Web application environment with LAMP stack and the next generation of PHP version 7
- Any LAMP stack developer can easily contribute.
- Developers don’t need to do an extra effort.
- Capable of handling new applications.
- Most of the applications are there few are missing.
- More community engagement is required.
Open Source Help Desk
osTicket is a widely-used open source support ticket system. Furthermore, it seamlessly integrates inquiries created via email as well as phone, and web-based forms into a simple easy-to-use multi-user web interface.
Link – https://osticket.com/
Github Repository – https://github.com/osTicket/osTicket
Forum – https://forum.osticket.com/
- This is the best significant advantage i.e OsTicket is free to use.
- The ticket has a large community that works together.
- Continuous update and as well as modification.
- Built using PHP language and as well as MySQL database.
- It’s secure and as well as scalable, as it uses the LAMP stack.
- They are not using a composer-based system for dependency management.
- It doesn’t follow any framework architecture customization can be a little hard.
- You need to set up again and as well as again for each customization.
- They don’t have any custom workflow management.
- There is no application for the marketplace & eCommerce yet.
Zammad Help Desk
Zammad is a web-based open source helpdesk/customer support system. Furthermore, It ships in with a multitude of features for handling customer communications
Link – https://zammad.com/
Demo – https://github.com/zammad/zammad
Community Support – https://community.zammad.org/
- Up to date documentation
- Build using Ruby language.
- They have an active and as well as a large community within less time.
- Hence, continuous updates make it more popular.
- This is not built on PHP.
- Developers need to learn Ruby for customization. Hence, they offer API for PHP.
- They have a lot of issues on Github.
- A bit complicated to set up.
Other Alternatives[ plugins ]
However, the above list is of dedicated helpdesk platforms. furthermore, there are free and paid plugins are available
Magento 2 ( Adobe commerce ) – Magento 2 helpdesk extension offers native integration of customer support ticket system within the platform.
Prestashop – Prestashop helpdesk addon provides helpdesk integration within the Prestashop store.
Opencart – Opencart Helpdesk Extension provides mailbox and as well as email piping support.
However, keep delivering the best customer support by choosing the right helpdesk tool for your business 🙂 Hope it will be helpful for you or if you have any issues feel free to raise a ticket from here.
Also, you can check the list of best Open-source CRM software.
PHP Ticket System was a small PHP MySQL trouble ticket or work order system. This project started out as a way to learn how to develop a CRUD web application in 2013.
Since 2013 I have had have many carrier changes and honestly did not keep up with all of the changes to PHP. That being said I did learn more about NodeJS and Angular 2+.
Almost a decade later I have decided to re-write this app using NodeJS 12 and Angular 9.
If you would like to check out the new project “Node Ticket System”, please visit the GitHub page here: https://github.com/node-ticket-sytem/node-ticket-system.
There are only a couple of completely open-source ticketing system (or help desk software) those can be used to provide help or information to customers to solve issues or problems.
What’s a Ticketing System?
In layman language, the Ticketing system is a tool designed to help companies to manage and solve their customer problems or give them support. You can also call it a trouble ticket system, support ticket, request management, or incident ticket system. There are two different support levels: firstly, the service area, which is responsible for external customers (consumers or companies), and secondly, support teams, the internal clients, i.e. employees, look after. However, both variants follow the same basic concept: They organize and automate problem-solving processes using a tracking system and increase the efficiency of the support.
Ticket management software tools are also a specific type of help desk software that lets us manage inquiries that takes place that helps businesses to analyze their customer satisfaction level and how fast their problems have been solving by them. Of course, solving customers’ problems quickly will impact a positive effect on customer loyalty. Thus, ticketing software will help in bringing all customer’s issues in one place and gives a clear idea about how many raised queries are in the pipeline and those are already solved. Most of the help desk software comes with Ticketing management software for the support desk while there are also dedicated Ticketing tools.
Before moving further to know about the Open source tools available to create a Ticketing system free of cost, let’s know what are the functions of a help desk software:
Core things offered by help desk systems?
- The medium of contact: To cater to the customer’s problems and issues different companies offer different mediums to their customers to reach customer service. It could email, Twitter, Facebook, live chats, telephone, website, messengers, or SMS. So, what help desk software does, it comprises all these various channels and brings them to one Dashboard so that you do not have to monitor different mediums in parallel.
- Ticketing: Now, as I said Tickinting is a part of Help desk software in which any query registered by the customer will call Ticket in the form of a document with a certain file number under which the rest of the processing takes place. Provide information about customer’s details to previous communications including current status. This enables companies to easily track all issues of the customer to provide them with timely and quick support.
- Levels of support: Support is divided into certain levels, first the employee of the company will try to solve the query himself and in case s/he is unable to do that, can forward it to a competent expert in that field regarding which the query was generated. Responsibilities and status are always recorded in customer service software.
- Automation: With the advancements, Help Desk software can effectively automate the repeated process; things like Ticket allotment and notification on its process also can be automated; the customer often has the option of automatically giving feedback or asking further questions; bots are also nowadays part of automation.
- Analyzes: In the background, the service desk collects a wide range of information, which can range from processing time to customer satisfaction.
- Knowledgebase: You can create a wide knowledge base “How To or FAQ” for your customers, reducing considerably the number of support requests.
6 Top Free & Open Source Ticketing System Software -2021
Let’s see the best known open source help desk software with a free web-based ticketing system including those are dedicated developed to handle Tickets…
UVdesk- Self-hosted Helpdesk System
UVdesk is a self-hosted enterprise web-based help desk SaaS-based and Open Source software build on top of Symfony and backbone.js. This ticketing solution needs PHP and MySQL to work on Apache or Nginx server.
This PHP based ticketing system is highly customizable because of the Symfony PHP framework to full-fill the complex requirements of the enterprise.
If we talk about ticket management, it includes smart tools to distributes queries among the team to deliver the best customer support. To easily search and find tickets, the user can add tags to them. Integration of email gives a quick view of email generated inquires directly on UVdesk.
Furthermore, UVDesk uses LAMp or LEMP stack to run thus it becomes easy for developers to set up, configure and customize to integrate into the existing web platforms.
If you are using any open source eCommerce solution, then UVDesk provides pre-built CMS Helpdesk Extensions for Joomla, Magento 2, Opencart, Prestashop, Shopify and WordPress.
Apart from Opensource solution, the UVDesk also comes in premium with a monthly plan and advance features such as eCommerce Multi-Channel Integration, Social Media Apps, Examine Agent’s Performance, Form Builder App, File Viewer App and more…
- Fully Web-based UVdesk helpdesk that converts coming emails into service tickets
- Insights Report
- Spam Protection
- Automated workflows
- Use your business branding
- Powerful Knowledgebase/Faq (article, category & folder)
- Translation Support (Multilingual)
- Ticketing management with Multiple Tags
- Filter based on ticket status, Id, agent, customer, etc.
- Unlimited Agents, Group, Team, Customers, Tickets etc.
- User-Friendly Web Installer
- Add multiple attachments
- Unlimited Mailbox/Email integration
- And more…
OsTicket- open source support ticket system
osTicket is a dedicated and one of the best Opensource Ticketing systems that developed to manage support requests efficiently, so the customer service providing by your employees get noticeably better, more effective and faster.
It seamlessly combines requests made by email, phone or online forms in one easy-to-use web-based interface. Manage, organize and archive all your support requests and their related answers in one place. This way you can quickly and reliably give the interests of your customers the attention and help they deserve.
Automation is another nice feature of OSTicket that automatically sent receipt confirmation when a new ticket is opened or a message is received. The email templates can be customized. Also, the user can predefined answers for incoming requests. Employees and customers stay up to date thanks to the automatic email notifications. The settings can be configured flexibly.
Furthermore, to control employee access rights OSTicket allows level-based access across groups and departments. To get any specific information from the customers while creating Ticket from the web, the businesses can add custom fields, forms and lists as per the requirements. And to make sure the incoming ticket go to the right department or agents, the Ticket filtering system is there that automate the creation and routing of tickets.
To avoid Agent Collision, it offers ticket locking mechanism that lets employes to lock any ticket on which they are working so that other team member couldn’t start responding the same, thus this avoids conflicting or dual responses.
It also allows creating of various help topics that indirectly reduce the burden of employees.
- PHP-based ticket management system with Large community support
- Service Level Agreements support
- Assign, Transfer, & Referral of Tickets
- Agent Collision Avoidance
- Level-based access
- Customization of fields, columns, forms to collect Ticket data
- All support requests and responses are archived online for end-users.
- It also using PHP language and MySQL database.
- Based on LAMP and easy to scale.
Zammad- web-based, open-source support/ticketing solution
Zammad platform was developed by Martin Edenhofer, who had designed the Open Ticket Request System OTRS 15 years ago. It uses the latest web technology such as HTML5 and WebSockets for the frontend; Ruby on Rails is used in the backend. The help desk software can be integrated into existing system environments via a REST API.
It has intuitive Dashboard that allows users to generate queries or tickets via email, phone, chat, Facebook or Twitter in one place and provides information about existing tickets, their processing status and the latest actions.
Customers can also view the status of their inquiries at any time. Tickets or tasks can be organized in tabs, the assignment to the respective processor is done via drag & drop. The software can be operated with any modern web browser, offers a fast full-text search and allows multiple employees to work on a ticket in parallel.
- Zammad is auditable, thus easily know who changed which attribute to which value.
- Zammad Web-App supports nine languages
- Zammad supports multitasking
- Flexible text modules and Full-text search
- Customer requests can be solved faster via the chat function
- Support different guidelines for keywords, device-logging and two-factor-authentication.
- External authentication: Log in via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn or Google via OAuth.
- Integrate your telephone system into in- and outgoing calls.
- Custom branding
- And more…
It is not just an open-source ticketing system based on PHP and uses MySQL but whole Help desk package that comes with built-in knowledgebase with multilingual support for FAQs and Ticketing Management system. Apart from the open-source community version, the Faveo is also available in paid versions with technical support and some advance features. The source code of this opensource helpdesk platform is available on Github.
It has a responsive design that easily allows the customers or backed team to use on various screen sizes. The Dashboard of Faveo is quite interactive and easy to understand that gives a detailed record of all the tickets that have been managed and resolved.
Faveo Helpdesk Open source ticketing system build on the Laravel framework. And enough a powerful to provide a Ticket based support system to Startup and SME (Small-Medium Enterprises).
One can also go for the Faveo free Freelance edition with a license for two users free of cost, the benefit in this edition is you will get pro version features to use.
We can install Faveo manually or directly on CPanel via Softaculous. Also, its mobile app is available for both Android and iOS platforms.
Faveo open source community edition comes with the following features:
- Built-In Knowledge Base to define FAQ’s
- No limitation on content creation the user can create unlimited FAQ and articles…
- Ticketing Management to manage customer queries.
- SLA Management
- SEO Friendly
- Priority Management: Priority generated Tickets and support system
- Auto Reply system for every ticket raised and reply.
- Customer Portal to track ticket status and access knowledge base.
- Category article sorting
- Forwarding of Tickets to high level or particular agent as well as departments.
OTRS- Community Edition
OTRS Community Edition is another one of the most popular web-based ticketing systems based on Perl uses MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle 10 Databases. It can use for customer service, help desk and IT Service Management. OTRS name is derived from Open-source Ticket Request System and it can full fill all ticketing requirements yes with fewer features as compared to paid ORTS business management edition.
In the community edition, the tickets can be easily created via different mediums such as email, telephone, web, SMS, chat… It is also a features a web-based interface with separated modules to extend the functions. ((OTRS)) Community Edition offers Help Desk features including Queue Management, Ticket Resolution Process and Service Level Agreement (SLA) definition. It can be customized and integrated with other open-source tools. Learning curves are there…
OTRS Community edition features:
- Access control restrictions
- LDAP integration and dashboards and reports.
- A large community
- Short release cycles
- A variety of configuration options with on-board equipment
- knowledge base
- Configurable notifications
- Responsive design
- Service / SLA management
- Connection of ITSM modules
- Dynamic field database: Display data from external ERP/CRM systems
HelpDeskZ – Web-based Support Ticket System
Well, it is also a PHP based Ticket system but almost dead, so I won’t consider it best and though to list here for your knowledge. It has not been updated for five years but still available on the official website and GitHub page, therefore if someone is interested can install and use it or developed further using the source code.
- Categorise tickets into groups to organise and assign them
- Canned Responses
- Custom Fields to collect data from users
- Bulk Actions such as categorizing, assigning or deleting tickets
- Allows the integration of HelpDeskZ with third-party applications.
- Knowledgebase creation support
- News section to inform customers about the latest events
- Email Piping
- Easy Template Customization
- Ticket priority levels
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Email notifications, file attachments and SPAM prevention.
So, this was the list of best Ticketing System (help desk) software in the free and open source category, therefore, if in your company anyhow the topic of providing customer services rises, mull to use any of these helpdesk or service desk software before actually going for some paid solution. If your customer service will be better in the short term and can be optimally developed in the long term, this will eventually lead steadily increase the customer satisfaction level.