Can you use a credit card to buy crypto on kucoin
KuCoin has a lot to offer investors, including the following.
KuCoin’s trading fees are among the lowest we know of. You don’t pay any monthly account fees, and the withdrawal fees are in line with other exchanges. It is free to deposit crypto, but you will pay to deposit fiat (traditional) money like U.S. dollars. The fee depends on how you transfer cash and what third party app you use.
Strong user base
KuCoin claims 1 in 4 crypto holders worldwide use its service. The big advantage to such a strong customer base is that it adds liquidity to the market — you’re more likely to be able to make the trades you want because there are more people trading. It also means you can likely join an active community of traders who speak your language.
Wide range of coins
KuCoin has a much broader selection of cryptocurrencies than you’ll get at many exchanges or brokerages. If you want to branch out into less popular coins, KuCoin is worth a look. It also has a Spotlight section that promotes new currencies so people can get in early. Just be aware that new or lesser-known coins carry more risk than mainstream ones.
Earn interest on your crypto
The KuCoin Earn service pays interest on your cryptocurrencies in two ways: You can stake coins through Pool-X, a KuCoin-backed company, or you can loan out your crypto and get paid the interest.
Staking is a bit like earning stock dividends — certain cryptocurrencies use staked coins to help validate the network and keep it secure. You earn rewards if you agree to tie up your coins for a set amount of time.
The interest you’ll earn by loaning out your crypto is more than you’d get with a traditional savings account, though it varies by coin and demand. KuCoin says you can earn 8% to 12% on average. This money finances KuCoin’s margin trading. The company says lenders will always be repaid in full, either from the borrower’s collateral or from a KuCoin margin insurance fund. That said, you won’t have the same protections you’ll get with a normal bank, so make sure you’re comfortable with the additional risk.
KuCoin has a lot of extra features, though you’ll need to think carefully about whether you want to use them. For example, margin trading allows you to leverage your position, which is essentially borrowing money to buy more crypto. Only very experienced traders should use leverage because it makes cryptocurrency — an already risky investment — even riskier.
KuCoin also allows you to use trading bots through its mobile app. Trading bots can automatically buy and sell your cryptocurrencies so you don’t have to be online all the time to follow the market. However, crypto bots are not as developed as robo-advisors. Some have technical glitches, for example. Plus, it’s not always clear how they’re investing your money, and you need to understand the cryptocurrency trading strategies they use. If you’re buying for the long term, bots don’t add a lot to the mix.
Dear KuCoin Users,
We are delighted to announce that KuCoin has partnered with Mercuryo to enable new and current KuCoin users to purchase cryptocurrencies using their Visa and MasterCard, as well as Apple Pay.
Mercuryo is a global fast-growing fintech company focused on providing cryptocurrency payment processing solutions, which offers a secure and easy-to-use way to enable users to buy popular coins with debit and credit cards.
It has reached 650K+ users and plans to scale up operations across Europe, Latin America, and Africa by providing B2B solutions and expanding its ecosystem. The development plans became even more feasible when Mercuryo closed a €2.5m seed funding led by Target Global, one of Europe’s largest venture capitals.
All the current payment methods and fiat currency supported by Mercuryo:
Visa and Master Card
– virtual, prepaid, debit, and credit cards
EUR – Euro
RUB – Russian ruble
USD – US dollar
GBP – British pound
TRY – Turkish lira
UAH – Ukrainian hryvnia
JPY – Japanese yen
How long does it usually take to process the payment?
Most orders are processed in just a few minutes. ETH and ERC-20 tokens, ALGO and TRX are processed within 5-10 minutes after a successful charge from the bank card, BTC transactions execution sometimes takes longer due to its’ protocol.
How to Buy Crypto via Mercuryo on KuCoin
Go to ‘Buy Crypto’ > choose ‘Credit/Debit Card’ > choose ‘Mercuryo’
Please click here to register/log into your KuCoin Account.
Thanks for your support!
The KuCoin Team
Find The Next Crypto Gem On KuCoin!
Download KuCoin App >>>
Follow us on Twitter >>>
Join us on Telegram >>>
Join the KuCoin Global Communities>>>
At a Glance: KuCoin is an international cryptocurrency exchange platform that caters primarily to traders or investors. Users can trade about 400 different cryptocurrencies on the platform – one of the most extensive lists of cryptocurrencies hosted on any exchange site.
Despite many concerns, the future is still looking bright for cryptocurrency.
Naturally, we’d all love to be a part of this exciting economy. The first step to doing so is by investing in your chosen cryptocurrency. You can do this through exchanges like KuCoin.
Don’t know how to buy on KuCoin? In this article, we’ll talk about the recently-introduced KuCoin, its features, and how you can start using this new crypto exchange.
What is KuCoin?
Established in 2017, KuCoin is an international cryptocurrency exchange platform that caters primarily to traders or investors.
There’s a lot to gain from KuCoin’s many features. Aside from its smooth, convenient UI and the standard trading platform fare, it also offers P2P, futures, and margin trading.
Users can trade about 400 different cryptocurrencies on the platform – one of the most extensive lists of cryptocurrencies hosted on any exchange site. Best of all, it has some of the lowest base fees among current leading crypto market exchanges, which further enhances its popularity.
In other words, if you’re looking for a beginner-friendly cryptocurrency with a robust trading environment and cheap transaction fees, then KuCoin is an excellent option.
How to Buy Crypto on KuCoin
You can trade hundreds of cryptocurrencies on KuCoin – all it takes is to buy your first crypto.
Thankfully, KuCoin is designed to be user-friendly, whether you’re using the app or the desktop version. You simply have to register with your email address or phone number. However, this will only provide you with a limited range of features.
If you want to access the full range of features and benefits that KuCoin offers, you need to follow a registration and verification process.
The following sections will teach you exactly how to buy crypto on KuCoin.
1. Sign Up for KuCoin Account
Before everything else, you need to have a KuCoin account. This can be done by navigating to KuCoin’s website and then following the instructions below.
- On KuCoin’s homepage, look for the Sign Up Now button and click it.
- Choose whether you want to register via email or phone number.
For the Phone option, you’ll have to enter your phone number. KuCoin will send a code. Enter the code into the field and set your password.
For the Email option, you’ll have to go through the same process, except you’ll be receiving the code via email.
- Complete the CAPTCHA and click Next.
- If everything is good, KuCoin will instruct you to check your email address for a confirmation letter.
- Log in to your email. If you can’t find it in your inbox, wait for a few more minutes or check your Spam folder.
- Once you find the email, open it to click the confirmation link.
- This will bring you back to the login page. Enter your credentials and open your personal KuCoin account.
2. Secure Your KuCoin Account
KuCoin uses two-factor authentication (abbreviated as 2FA) to secure your account on the platform.
2FA is a type of multi-factor authentication that provides an additional layer of security to your account. In order to enable it, you need to provide at least one other piece of information to complement your login details, hence the word “two-factor.”
2FA isn’t enabled on the KuCoin platform by default, but it’s a requirement if you want to proceed with your account creation.
Follow the instructions below to enable two-factor authentication for your KuCoin account.
- The first time you open your account, you’ll see a pop-up box with a reminder that you have to enable your 2FA setting. Go to Accounts and click “Bind 2-Step Verification.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to secure your backup key, then click Next.
- Download the Google Authenticator app on your mobile phone.
- Scan the on-screen barcode and enter the verification code. Click “Submit.”
- KuCoin will warn you not to unbind your 2FA from your phone’s Google Authenticator to secure your KuCoin account.
- Congratulations, you have now secured your KuCoin account through 2FA. You can also add security questions for additional protection.
3. Verify Your Identity
Know Your Customer (KYC) processes are designed to further improve the security of your account by linking it to your personal information. Although you can technically use KuCoin even without verifying your identity, a withdrawal limit will be imposed on you until you undergo the verification process.
That’s why, if you want to use KuCoin fully, you’re going to have to complete the KYC. To do so, follow the steps below.
- After setting up your 2FA and your security questions, you need to verify your email address first. Log in to your email address and look for KuCoin’s message. Click the Confirm button or the attached link.
- This should bring you back to a KuCoin page confirming your verification.
- Next, pick the type of account that you have, and click on the blue Continue button.
- The following window will display the requirements needed for your KYC verification. To proceed, click Continue.
- Fill in all the required information. You also have to submit a copy of your valid ID.
- To check if you’ve filled in everything correctly, go to Account Security and ensure that every step reads Completed.
- KuCoin will review your information. If everything checks out, you should receive a confirmation shortly.
- To see your verification status, go to Overview. The account status will change to Verified once you have been approved.
4. Connect Your Account to Funds Fund Your Account
Now that your account is confirmed, you can begin your trading journey. The first step is to learn how to finance your account.
- On the platform, click the Assets button.
- Choose the asset that you wish to deposit, or type it in the search bar.
- Click the Deposit button right beside your chosen asset.
- On the following field, input your wallet address. You can also scan the barcode with a QR scanner.
- KuCoin will show you a screen with tips to do before you confirm your deposit. Make sure to double-check your wallet address first.
- Complete your transaction.
- If you want to check your transactions, everything is viewable under the Deposit History tab.
5. Start Trading on KuCoin
You can start trading to earn money as soon as your account receives the assets you transferred, which shouldn’t take long.
- Once your asset is deposited on your account, navigate to the Markets tab.
- Select your asset from the list, and then click the Trading button next to it.
- To buy, fill out the Buy field with your preferred amount, and click Buy. The process is the same for the Sell option.
You can view all your current orders by checking the Open Orders button or your history under the Trade History option. Aside from this, you can also do other forms of trading on the KuCoin platform.
How to Buy on KuCoin: The Bottom Line
KuCoin is a promising crypto exchange that is already gaining popularity, with its beginner-friendly platform and low rates.
Registering, verifying your identity, and trading on KuCoin are all pretty straightforward, and you can do everything in less than an hour. If you’ve reached this far, you now know how to buy on KuCoin and start trading your chosen cryptocurrency.
Need a Loan? Get One in 3 Simple Steps
If you are considering applying for a personal loan, just follow these 3 simple steps.
Apply online for the loan amount you need. Submit the required documentation and provide your best possible application. Stronger applications get better loan offers.
If your application meets the eligibility criteria, the lender will contact you with regard to your application. Provide any additional information if required. Soon you’ll have your loan offer. Some lenders send a promissory note with your loan offer. Sign and return that note if you wish to accept the loan offer.
The loan then gets disbursed into your U.S. bank account within a reasonable number of days (some lenders will be as quick as 2-3 business days). Now you need to set up your repayment method. You can choose an autopay method online to help you pay on time every month.
Stilt provides loans to international students and working professionals in the U.S. (F-1, OPT, H-1B, O-1, L-1, TN visa holders) at rates lower than any other lender. Stilt is committed to helping immigrants build a better financial future.
We take a holistic underwriting approach to determine your interest rates and make sure you get the lowest rate possible.
Learn what others are saying about us on Google, Yelp, and Facebook or visit us at https://www.stilt.com. If you have any questions, send us an email at [email protected]
I’m a firm believer that information is the key to financial freedom. On the Stilt Blog, I write about the complex topics — like finance, immigration, and technology — to help immigrants make the most of their lives in the U.S. Our content and brand have been featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, and more.
See author’s posts