Can i use my debit card to buy bitcoin on blockchain
Can you Buy Less than One Bitcoin?
Yes, it is possible to buy less than one bitcoin.
Each bitcoin is divisible to the 8th decimal place, meaning each bitcoin can be split into 100,000,000 pieces. Each unit of bitcoin, or 0.00000001 bitcoin, is called a satoshi.
When buying Bitcoin, you don’t have to buy a full bitcoin and can easily buy less than one.
Most Bitcoin exchanges will let you specify the amount of fiat currency you want to spend and in exchange sell you the equivalent amount of Bitcoin. For example, if one bitcoin is worth $250, and you want to buy $125 worth of bitcoin, you’ll receive 0.50 bitcoin–assuming there are no fees.
Vice-versa, most Bitcoin brokers also let you specify the amount of bitcoin you want and will charge you the equivalent in fiat. For example, if you want to buy 0.25 bitcoin and 1 bitcoin is $300, you’ll be charged $75.
So, yes, it’s 100% possible to buy less than one bitcoin. Companies like Coinbase will let you buy as little as $1 worth of bitcoin.
Should I leave my bitcoins on the exchange after I buy?
We strongly recommend storing any bitcoins you want to keep safe in a wallet you own. Many Bitcoin exchanges have been hacked and lost customer funds. If you don’t want to fall victim to these hacks then the easiest way is to store your coins in a wallet you control.
Can you sell bitcoins?
Out of the exchanges we listed, CEX.io is the only one that allows you to sell bitcoins to your debit card.
Will the fees for buying bitcoins with debit card or credit card ever get lower?
Probably not. Payment processors like Visa, Mastercard and American Express charge their merchants very high transaction fees.
Card Average Fee Charged to Merchant Mastercard 1.55% – 2.6% Visa 1.43% – 2.4% Discover 1.56% – 2.3% American Express 2.5% – 3.5%
Exchanges get charged EVEN higher rates than these since buyers are so likely to make chargebacks. After all, if someone steals your credit card, buying Bitcoin is about the best place to charge money to your card.
Credit card companies have to eat those fraudulent charges when you report the fraud. So they pass that cost to the exchanges who then pass it on to you – the buyer using the credit card to buy bitcoins. The fees could get lower if some exchange cuts a deal with a credit card processing company to get lower fees.
Can I buy other cryptocurrency using this method?
Depends on the exchange. Coinbase, for example, allows you to buy Litecoin and Ethereum with credit card. Coinmama, on the other hand, supports Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum
Why are Fees so High when I Use Credit Card?
Credit Cards exist to make buying items fast and easy. When you use a credit card, you are actually borrowing money from the card issuer. Because you are not actually spending your money when you use a credit card, it means its very easy to cancel a charge or refuse to pay the balance off. Credit card companies tend to side with their customers over the merchant as well. Card companies also charge the merchant around 3% to process the payment.
For all of these reasons, accepting credit card purchases is quite expensive. Chargebacks, fees, and fraud all must be considered when accepting a credit card and that cost comes out in the form of an increased price for whatever you are buying.
This is especially difficult when the merchant is selling something like Bitcoin, because once you have it, the merchant cannot reverse the transaction to get it back.
Why do I have to buy bitcoins with credit card in order to buy other cryptocurrencies?
This is because most other cryptocurrencies are traded against Bitcoin. The liquidity for altcoins against the US dollar is often very poor. But on the other hand, the liquidity against BTC is usually very good. So it’s easy to get other currencies once you have bitcoins, but not easy to get other currencies without having BTC first.
Did banks ban buying cryptocurrency with credit card?
In the USA, some banks are blocking users from buying cryptocurrency on credit. Some banks may treat crypto purchases with a credit card as cash advances that have additional fees associated with them. This would seem a resaonable practice since crypto is usable instantly and is basically like cash. This may be why debit card purchases appear to still be working. European users still appear to be able to buy crypto with a credit card.
On June 11, 2018 there were reports that Wells Fargo blocked all its customers credit cards from buying BTC.
At that time, most credit cards had already been blocked by Visa and Mastercard from buying bitcoins as well. But, Wells Fargo said they may allow purchases of cryptocurrency again down the line.
We believe everyone should be able to make financial decisions with confidence. And while our site doesn’t feature every company or financial product available on the market, we’re proud that the guidance we offer, the information we provide and the tools we create are objective, independent, straightforward — and free.
So how do we make money? Our partners compensate us. This may influence which products we review and write about (and where those products appear on the site), but it in no way affects our recommendations or advice, which are grounded in thousands of hours of research. Our partners cannot pay us to guarantee favorable reviews of their products or services. Here is a list of our partners.
This tutorial enlists and reviews the top platforms to buy Bitcoin with Debit or Credit Card instantly:
It’s hard to find a crypto platform, app, or exchange that charges fairly for crypto purchases with a credit or debit card. This is because most platforms carry exorbitant fees of up to 7%.
It’s the reason we have compiled this list of top places where you can buy Bitcoin with a debit card or credit card, instantly and without hidden costs.
This tutorial will guide you on how to buy Bitcoin with credit or debit cards on these platforms, as well as top FAQs on buying crypto with credit cards.
Buy Bitcoin With Debit Or Credit Card
Frequently Asked Questions
Q #1) Can I buy Bitcoin with a debit/credit card?
Answer: Most fiat-to-crypto exchanges now allow you to buy Bitcoin with credit or debit cards. These exchanges allow you to connect the debit or credit card to your online account or profile. You then verify the ID with the exchange and proceed to buy with the credit/debit card once this ID is verified.
Also read =>> How to buy Bitcoin with a credit card without verification
However, these transactions take days to complete, usually one to two days as they settle from one account to another and also because of fraud checks.
Q #2) How long does a credit/debit card Bitcoin transaction take to complete?
Answer: Buying Bitcoin with credit cards takes extensive time between 2-3 days because the banks must check there is no fraud.
These transactions also involve several parties, namely the merchant, merchant payment service provider, the customer, customer bank provider, and customer card payment network.
Q #3) Is it safe to buy Bitcoin with debit/credit cards?
Answer: Yes. First, customers require verification to use these cards. Most crypto platforms that accept credit card purchases use SSL data encryption techniques.
However, ensure that the online platform from which you buy Bitcoin with a credit card or debit card is secure and not prone to hacking. Dealing with fraudulent websites leads to your data being stolen. Credit cards are safer since they come with fraud protection, unlike debit cards.
Q #4) Where can I buy Bitcoin with debit or credit cards?
Answer: Many platforms like Coinmama, Bitpanda, Wirex, Coinbase, and Wirex allow you to purchase Bitcoin with Visa or MasterCard. On many platforms, it is easy and quick, usually within a day, to connect a credit card or debit card to the account. Once this is done, you can then initiate a transaction.
Depending on the platform, you can either first deposit fiat on your account before initiating a purchase transaction, or can initiate a transaction first, after which the amount is charged on the card.
In the latter case, the crypto is deposited at your address after the payment is processed. The amount is charged on the card and takes time to reflect on the account to then allow you to buy with the card.
Q #5) How do I buy Bitcoin with credit or debit cards?
Answer: Follow these processes:
- Sign up: In each of the following platforms, you will buy Bitcoin with a credit card or debit card only after verification. Otherwise, you need to upload a government ID or verifiable documents like driving licenses, etc.
- Link the debit or credit card: From your profile and after signing up, you will find the feature to link the credit card by simply entering the credit card number.
- Deposit fiat or a set amount to buy instantly: Depending on the exchange, you will have to either deposit fiat through the debit or credit card to buy or, it will require you to process a purchase order where the card is charged with the amount deposited to your address instantly or after some hours/days.
Q #6) What app can I use to buy Bitcoin with a debit card?
Answer: Any app that allows you to link your debit card should allow you to buy Bitcoin with a debit card. Some of these platforms we have reviewed in this tutorial include Coinmama, Bitpanda, Wirex, Coinbase, and Wirex.
Also read =>> Top Cryptocurrency Apps Review
You can also check with Cex.io and Bitit as they allow you to purchase with debit or credit card. Coinbase only allows people from the US to buy crypto with a debit card and does not allow the use of credit cards.
=>> Contact us to suggest a listing here.
List of Platforms to Buy Bitcoin with Credit/Debit Card
Here is a list of popular and best platforms from which you can buy bitcoin instantly:
Comparison of Websites to Buy Bitcoin Instantly
Name Credit Card/Debit CardLimits Fee RatingPionexBothNot clear 0.05%BitstampBoth From $25 to $5,000 daily and $20,000 monthly. From 0.05% to 0.0% spot trading plus between 1.5% to 5% when depositing real-world currencies depending on deposit method. Crypto.comBoth Up to $100,000/ week with Obsidian card.2.99% for credit card purchases, 0.04% to 0.4% maker fees, 0.1% to 0.4% taker fees.BinanceBoth–3.5% fees per transaction or 10 USD.BybitBothThe purchase limit will get specified in the amount input box. (for fiat deposits).For spot trading, the maker fee rate is 0% & the taker fee rate is 0.1%.CoinSmartBoth$5000Up to 6% feeCoinmama BothLimit of up to 15,000 USD per month.Between 4.9% and 5.9% fee with credit cardBitpandaBoth Limnit of up to 5,000 EUR per day and up to 75,000 EUR worth of BTC per month3-4%CoinbaseDebit Card$3,000 a day. 3.99%.PaybisBoth $20 000Up to 6.5%
Let us review the tools below:
Pionex ideally supports crypto to crypto and crypto to stable coin trading. There are 12 auto trading bots for which you do not need to pay extra. The exchange lets you buy directly with credit cards. With a credit card, you can deposit a maximum of $2,000 and $1,000,000 for LV1 and LV2 verification respectively.
However, you cannot withdraw USD or any other fiat currency to any method. It only supports crypto withdrawals for external wallets.
Additionally, after buying cryptos with credit or debit cards on other exchanges, you might want to transfer them to an exchange like Pionex that supports automated trading with the Pionex trading bot. Pionex was founded in 2019 and is based in Singapore.
- Buy directly with credit cards on the website.
- You can choose to buy crypto on other platforms then transfer it to Pionex. That is because some of the exchanges listed above do not have in-built bots or a wide variety of in-built trading bots like does Pionex.
- There are 12 trading bots. Trailing bot, smart bot, grid bot, margin bot, leverage bot, infinity grid bot, dollar cost averaging bot, time-weighted average price bot, and spot futures bot.
- Mobile app, TradingView charts; Bollinger Bands, RSI, MACD, Price Oscillator, and other technical indicators; trading history.
Steps to buying Bitcoin with a credit card on Pionex
Direct deposits on the website
- Simply visit the credit card page on the website.
- Enter the amount to buy with a credit card and submit a certification ID document.
- Submit the order for review. It will take a day to complete the deposit, after which you can buy crypto.
You can also follow the steps to buy on Binance, Coinbase, Huobi, or other exchanges with a credit card then deposit on Pionex.
Using the Pionex Lite app
Pionex Lite app also lets you buy with a debit and credit card and then transfer the crypto to Pionex exchange for use with the bot.
- Download, install, sign up and login on Pionex Lite: This requires verification to be able to trade crypto with a bank account.
- Choose crypto to buy, tap deposit and choose payment method: You can use Paxos or Circle to deposit with a bank account. Proceed to enter the amount and purchase. It takes 1-5 days.
- Send crypto to Pionex: You can only buy Ethereum and Bitcoin which you can then send to Pionex. From your Pionex account, find the deposit address for Bitcoin, Ethereum, and other cryptos from the Deposit page. Copy it. Return to Pionex Lite, tap Withdraw or Send, paste the Pionex copy address and then proceed to send.
Bitstamp supports buying and selling over 50 cryptocurrencies using credit and debit cards. The exchange lets anyone make instant card purchases in most countries (including the US and EU). With a credit card, you can purchase up to $5000 or Euro or GBP per day and $20,000 in a month. The minimum purchase is $25 or Euro or GBP.
Steps to buy Bitcoin with credit card on Bitstamp
#Step 1: Sign up and get verified on the exchange.
#Step 2: Deposit by first visiting the Deposit page, choose Credit Card, choose the amount to spend, enter credit card details, and submit the transaction. Wait for confirmation.
- Hosted Bitcoin wallet
- Instant purchases
- Trade within the app with advanced orders. Send, receive, and hold crypto securely.
- Instant crypto conversions.
- Withdraw to bank and SEPA.
Fees: 0.50% for <$10,000 trading volume to 0.0% for > $20 million trading volume. Staking fees — 15% on staking rewards. Deposits are free of charge for SEPA, ACH, Faster Payments, and crypto. International wire deposit – 0.05%, and 5% with card purchases. Withdrawal is 3 Euro for SEPA, free for ACH, 2 GBP for Faster Payment, 0.1% for International wire. Crypto withdrawal fee varies.
Crypto.com lets you not only buy crypto instantly with credit and debit cards but also spend wallet-held crypto at ATMs and Visa merchant stores globally via the Crypto.com Visa card. The Visa card comes in five tiers with different CRO staking amounts and rewards.
Nevertheless, staking $400,000 USD worth of CRO sees you earning up to 14.5% CRO rewards.
The service lets merchants get paid in crypto. Users can also get instant crypto loans of up to 50% of their held cryptos. You can also trade crypto on the spot and derivative markets on the platform and even trade with margins of up to 10x your order capital.
- Over-the-counter trading
- Portfolio tracking and management.
- Buy crypto and trade it on iOS, Android, and web applications.
- Buy crypto instantly at 0% fees.
- NFT support
Steps to Buy Bitcoin with a Credit Card on Crypto.com
- Sign up or login and tap the Trade button. Select Buy and CRO or other crypto you need to buy.
- Add credit card or debit card as payment method. Enter your card details.
- Verify the card with a small deposit of $0.10 SGD (or local equivalent) held for up to 7 days. Confirm the transaction.
- Return to the Accounts page, tap Buy, enter the amount, select verified credit/debit card.
- Confirm payment.
Binance is a platform for cryptocurrency exchange. It will let you buy and sell Bitcoin, Ether, and Altcoins. The platform is compatible with multiple devices including iOS and Android.
After the completion of the purchase, Binance deposits the new crypto directly into your Binance wallet. It offers a simple and safe method for managing crypto assets.
Steps to buy Bitcoin with a credit card on Binance:
- Login to your Binance Account.
- Choose the option ‘Buy Crypto’ and ‘Credit/Debit card’.
- You will land on a new page to purchase Bitcoin. Here you need to make a selection of local currency and enter the amount you want to spend.
- Select BTC or the cryptocurrency of your choice.
- Click Buy BTC.
- You need to fill out the card information & click ‘Next’. Once all the required information is filled in, you can click on “Pay Now”.
- You need to confirm on the Confirm Order Prompt.
- You will receive the Bitcoin after the transaction gets successful.
- Binance supports various payment options such as bank transfers, credit/debit cards, and cash.
- You will get a secure and seamless crypto buying experience with Binance as it works with verified and trusted platforms.
- A wide range of currencies is supported by Binance.
- Binance platform lets you trade the purchased crypto on various products & services immediately.
Fees: There is a 3.5% fee per transaction or 10 USD.
Bybit is a cryptocurrency trading platform and can be used to buy cryptocurrencies, BTC, ETH, and USDT. It supports 59 fiat currencies. It supports various payment methods such as Visa/Mastercard credit, debit cards, and cash deposits. Cash deposits are limited to certain areas.
Steps to buy Bitcoin with a credit or debit card on Bybit:
Step 1: Log in to the verified account.
Step 2: Open Fiat Gateway to make purchases.
Step 3: Select the currency and enter the amount.
Step 4: Now select the service provider as well as the payment method.
Step 5: Confirm the transaction and wait for the cryptocurrency to be received to your account.
- Flexible trading strategies make the platform suitable for traders of any level.
- New assets and innovative products get constantly added to the platform.
- It provides real-time market data as well as competitive market depth & liquidity.
- It securely stores your assets offline and provides maximum protection.
Fees: Bybit doesn’t cost any transaction fees for using the Fiat Gateway. The image below shows more information about the trading fees for Derivatives Trading. For Spot Trading, the maker fee rate is 0% and the taker fee rate is 0.1% for all spot trading pairs.
CoinSmart is an easy to use Crypto Trading Platform that can be used by beginners as well as experts. The application is available for desktop as well as mobile devices. It will let you buy and sell Bitcoin Cash, Cardano, Stellar, etc. It provides advanced crypto trading tools.
Suggested reading =>> How and where to buy Cardano Crypto
Steps to buy Bitcoin with a credit card on CoinSmart:
- Create an account.
- Account verification
- Then you need to link your bank account, credit card, or debit card to configure the payment source.
- Deposit funds
- CoinSmart provides a facility for accessing the funds on the same day the funds are received. It lets you leverage the market without a long wait.
- It supports multiple funding methods such as SEPA, Wire Transfers, E-Transfers, etc.
- It allows tracking of all your trading activities, deposits, and withdrawals.
Fees: For credit or debit cards, there is a fee of up to 6%, with instant processing ($100 to $5000).
Coinmama is also a crypto broker that supports debit card purchases in addition to credit card purchases. It was started in 2013 and now has over 800,000 users in 190 countries worldwide.
After verification of the account and card, the user can buy Bitcoin with a credit card or debit card up to 15,000 USD per month. The daily limit with a verified credit card and account is 5000 USD. These limits apply to Level 1 verification, which requires a valid government ID and a selfie.
For level 2, you must add on a utility bill for additional verification, while level 3 requires filling in a short form. Compared to other exchanges like Coinbase, Bitstamp, and Binance, it, however, charges a higher fee.
Three other cons, though you will need to bear with when buying Bitcoin with a credit card on this exchange, are it does not provide a hosted wallet you will need to create a wallet with a separate platform.
Unfortunately, it also does not allow crypto-to-crypto transactions. There is also no dedicated mobile or desktop app, just a web platform that can, however, be used on any device.
Steps to buy Bitcoin with a credit card on Coinmama:
- Create an account on Coinmama in just a few clicks.
- Get verified by submitting a passport, national ID, or other documents.
- Link your credit card to your payment options or methods.
- Buy by entering the wallet address and having the card charged for the purchase.
- It allows a higher limit of up to $5,000 worth of bitcoin per day compared to other exchanges. The monthly limit is $20,000 worth of bitcoins.
- It allows you to buy about 10 cryptocurrencies, including BTC, Ethereum, Dogecoin, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, and other main ones.
- The exchange requires you to verify identity details. However, the verification takes an hour to submit the details such as government-issued ID, international passport, driver’s license, and a national ID.
- The drawback is that it is only a web platform and does not have a dedicated mobile or desktop app.
- Although it accepts Visa and MasterCard debit cards, it does not support American Express. It does not support Discover or PayPal either.
- Wire transfer support through SWIFT, SEPA, Fedwire, FasterPayments, Apple Pay, and Sofort.
- Worldwide support in addition to the U.S.A. and Europe.
Fees: For any Bitcoin purchase regardless of the payment method, expect to pay 5% above the crypto spot price on this exchange. Otherwise, you pay between 4.9% and 5.9% fees with a credit card and it includes risks involved with processing credit card payments.
SEPA bank purchases cost around 3.9% in commissions. With SWIFT, you pay a minimum fee of £20 as an additional for all transfers $1,000.
This Australian-based Bitcoin broker was previously known as Coinimal and was founded in October 2014. Since launching, it has been a trusted place for people to buy Bitcoin with a credit card.
In fact, credit card Bitcoin purchases on this exchange are the highest compared to purchases with other methods. The exchange serves 1.2 million customers worldwide and is widely reviewed online, scoring a very positive trust rating.
Steps for buying Bitcoin with a credit card on Bitpanda:
- Register and verify identity on Bitpanda.
- Link the debit card from the account profile.
- Deposit money using a debit or credit card.
- Pay by having the card charged on the purchase.
- It allows people to buy crypto with credit, or debit cards but is only useful for European residents.
- Buying with SEPA takes about a day to complete a transaction.
- Bitpanda allows people to buy over 100 cryptocurrencies.
- Users must verify their identity and adhere to AML/KYC procedures by submitting ID and selfie photos or other verifiable identity documentation, such as a driver’s license.
- The limit for buying with other methods is up to 50 EUR per day.
- The limit to buy Bitcoins with a credit card is up to 350 EUR per day and up to 10,000 per month on verification. The limit is 5,000 EUR per day and up to 75,000 EUR worth of BTC per month when using other payment methods.
Fees: 3-4% for credit card purchases. Premiums for buying and selling Bitcoin on Bitpanda are 1.49%. Those willing to purchase Bitcoin with a credit card on this exchange can reduce fees by up to 20% by paying them with BEST (Bitpanda Ecosystem Token), which is the platform’s altcoin.
Fee for maker on Bitpanda Pro starts at 0.1000% and takers at 0.1500%. However, this decreases as you increase the 30-day trading volume on the exchange.
At level one with 0 BTC 30-day trading, you pay 0.0750% as the maker and 0.1125% as taker when the fee is paid in BEST. At level 7, the highest level, you pay 0.0375% as the maker and 0.04875% as taker when paying with BEST.
Recommended Reading => Where to Buy XRP – List of the TOP Platforms to Buy Ripple XRP
Coinbase started in 2012 in the United States but is now available in about 36 countries around the world. One advantage of this exchange is the huge liquidity. Users also find the interface easy to work with, based on online Coinbase reviews.
Although Coinbase allows people to buy Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with debit cards, it does not allow you to buy Bitcoin with credit cards. It is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges world-over and especially for beginner traders in the U.S. given that it is regulated.
The custody service also offers additional products for individuals, groups, and institutional investors. For instance, anyone who intends to use dollar-cost averaging to invest in and hold crypto will find the exchange very helpful. It also allows institutions to stake large volumes of cryptocurrencies like BTC.
Coinbase also offers wallets for individuals and retail investors, as well as advanced trading tools. Besides, it has its own U.S dollar-pegged stable coins for those willing to stay away from problems of volatility which still experimenting with crypto.
Steps to buy with a debit card on Coinbase:
- Sign up for an account with Coinbase.
- Go to the Payment Methods page. Select debit card.
- Enter the debit card information. It will apply two small temporal debits on the card.
- Find the two debits from the card online banking statement.
- Verify the card by entering the two amounts on the debit confirmation page on Coinbase.
- Go back to the buy page and enter the amount you wish to buy. Choose the debit card as a payment method. Once a transaction is complete, the crypto is debited into your account.
- Users can reduce fees by using the paid Coinbase Pro version of the app.
- It is custodial, meaning users do not control the wallets by the private keys. Coinbase has once been hacked.
- There are many crypto pairs supported by more than 100.
- Works in the form of order books and not peer-to-peer transfers.
- Crypto-to-crypto wallet transfers are free.
Fees: Debit card transactions are charged 3.99%. Through PayPal, you pay 1%. Instant card withdrawals in Europe costs up to 2% of any transaction and a minimum fee of €0.55.
A spread of about 0.50% is there on buying and selling transactions. Plus Coinbase flat fee is $0.99 for transactions less or equal to $10. $1.49 for above $10 and below or equal to $25. Up to $2.99 for transactions worth less or equal to $200 and over $50. This is a flat fee for purchases but does not affect PayPal buyers.
You also need to check the region/location-based variable percentage fee structure in addition to the flat fee structure because if the variable fee is larger than the flat fee described on the fee page, you pay the variable fee.
Coinbase Card has a flat 2.49% transaction fee on all purchases.
Paybis was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in the UK, available in over 180 countries around the world, and allows people to buy Bitcoins with credit cards, instantly.
Must Read => Best Platforms to Buy Bitcoin in UK
You also get to purchase with 47 currencies, including your local one. The platform also allows users to sell their crypto to Fiat and receive the amount in their bank accounts, Neteller, and Skrill. This is besides supporting credit and debit cards.
In the United States, it is available in over 48 states now. The service is registered under the Financial Conduct Authority, a department of the U.S. treasury. Therefore, all transactions and operations are regulated.
Paybis allows people to purchase Bitcoins with credit cards after verification of the account. Therefore, users must adhere to AML/KYC guidelines when buying Bitcoins on this platform. The registration and verification is, however, fast.
Apart from allowing people to buy with credit cards, it allows liquidity services for fintech businesses.
Steps to buy Bitcoin with a debit or credit card on Paybis:
- Create an account in Paybis and verify ownership. Enter your details to verify the account.
- Link your debit or credit card to your profile. Ensure the name on the documents used to verify matches the one on the debit or credit card.
- Start the exchange and select the credit/debit card and your currency. Make payments by initiating a charge on your credit or debit card.
- Receive Bitcoins on your wallet.
- The exchange supports multiple cryptocurrencies in addition to Bitcoin, with over 10 cryptos supported.
- You can only sell Bitcoin and not any other crypto. Others are for purchase. If you need to sell others, you first convert them to Bitcoin on the same platform.
- Does not provide a demo account. The FAQ section, however, makes it easy to understand and use.
- Users get hosted crypto wallets, so no need of signing up for a wallet with a separate platform in case you needed to hold digital wallets.
- Ability to view transaction history.
Fees: The purchase fee is free or wavered for the first debit or credit card transaction on the platform. Otherwise, you pay 2.49% in the Paybis fee after the first transaction.
A processing fee applies for debit and credit card transactions. This equals to 10 USD or equivalent; 4.5% for USD, EUR, or GBP payments; or up to 6.5% for other currencies. Consecutive credit/debit card transactions after the first one, are charged at 6.99% for USD, GBP, and EUR and up to 8.99% for other currencies.
Cryptocurrency exchanges that allow you to buy Bitcoin with a debit card and credit card require account verification by submitting a name, verifiable ID, photos, and geolocation details. You can then buy immediately after linking the account with your debit or credit card.
We suggest looking into Paybis if you want fast Bitcoin transactions on a debit card and need to also use the credit card since it supports both. Coinmama does not provide a wallet, so you need to work with two platforms.
Coinbase is most suitable for those interested in custody and other investment products, or for institutions that need to stake large amounts of crypto. eToro is best for people looking for contracts for difference, stocks, forex, and crypto investment from a single wallet.
Further reading =>> How to buy Bitcoin with PayPal
Time taken to research and write this article: 15 Hours
Total tools initially shortlisted for review: 10
Total tools researched online: 5
=>> Contact us to suggest a listing here.